Master Subscription Agreement
THIS AGREEMENT CONSTITUTES A BINDING CONTRACT ON YOU AND GOVERNS YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO THE SERVICES BY YOU, AGENTS AND END-USERS SUBSCRIPTION TO THE SERVICES.
By accepting this Agreement, either by accessing or using a Service, or authorizing or permitting any Agent or End-User to access or use a Service, You agree to be bound by this Agreement. If You are entering into this Agreement on behalf of a company, organization or another legal entity (an “Entity”), You are agreeing to this Agreement for that Entity and representing to Cention that You have the authority to bind such Entity and its Affiliates to this Agreement, in which case the terms “Subscriber,” “You,” “Your” or a related capitalized term herein shall refer to such Entity and its Affiliates. If You do not have such authority, or if You do not agree with this Agreement, You must not accept this Agreement and may not use any of the Services.
Table of Contents:
General Terms and Conditions:
General Terms and Conditions:
- General Conditions; Access to and Use of the Services
- Confidentiality; Security and Privacy
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Third Party Services
- Billing, Plan Modifications and Payments
- Cancellation and Termination
- Representations, Warranties and Disclaimers
- Limitation of Liability
- Assignment, Entire Agreement and Amendment
- Relationship of the Parties
- Notice and Notice period
- Governing Law
- Federal Government End Use Provisions
Supplemental Terms and Conditions:
- Cention API’s
- How We Protect Service Data
- Country-Specific Terms
When used in this Agreement with the initial letters capitalized, in addition to the terms defined elsewhere in this Agreement, the following terms have the following meanings:
General Terms and Conditions:
Account: means any accounts or instances created by or on behalf of Subscriber or its Agents within the Services.
Affiliate: means, with respect to a Party, any entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with such Party, whereby “control” (including, with correlative meaning, the terms “controlled by” and “under common control”) means the possession, directly or indirectly, of the power to direct, or cause the direction of the management and policies of such person, whether through the ownership of voting securities, by contract, or otherwise.
Agent: means an individual authorized to use a Service through Your Account as an agent and/or administrator as identified through a unique login.
Applicable Data Protection Law: means the following data protection law(s): (i) where You (acting as data controller or data processor) are established in an European Economic Area (“EEA”) member state or where Your Agents or End-Users access the Services from an European Economic Area (“EEA”) member state: (a) prior to May 25, 2018, the Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995, entitled “On the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data, and on the free movement of such data.” (as implemented into the relevant national laws of the member state in which You are established), and (b) on and after May 25, 2018, the EU Regulation 2016/679 (and any applicable national laws made under it); and (ii) where You are established in Switzerland, the Swiss Federal Act of 19 June 1992 on Data Protection (as may be amended or superseded). See: https://www.cention.com/legal
API: means the application programming interfaces developed and enabled by Cention that permit Subscribers to access certain functionality provided by the Services, including, without limitation, the REST API that enables the interaction with the Services automatically through HTTP requests and the application development API that enables the integration of the Services with other web applications.
Confidential Information: means all information disclosed by You to Cention or by Cention to You which is in tangible form and labelled “confidential” (or with a similar legend) or which a reasonable person would understand to be confidential given the nature of the information and circumstances of disclosure, including, but not limited to, information relating to Cention’s security policies and procedures. For purposes of this Agreement, this Agreement as well as Service Data shall be deemed Confidential Information. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Confidential Information shall not include information that (a) was already known to the receiving Party at the time of disclosure by the disclosing Party; (b) was or is obtained by the receiving Party by a third party not known by the receiving Party to be under an obligation of confidentiality with respect to such information; (c) is or becomes generally available to the public other than by violation of this Agreement or another valid agreement between the Parties; or (d) was or is independently developed by the receiving Party without use of the disclosing Party’s Confidential Information.
Documentation: means any written or electronic documentation, images, video, text or sounds specifying the functionalities of the Services or describing Service Plans, as applicable, provided or made available by Cention to You in the applicable Cention help center(s); provided, however, that Documentation shall specifically exclude any “community moderated” forums as provided or accessible through such knowledge base(s).
End-User: means any person or entity other than Subscriber or Agents with whom Subscriber or its Agents interact using a Service.
Order Form: means any of Our generated service order forms executed or approved by You with respect to Your subscription to a Service, which form may detail, among other things, the number of Agents authorized to use a Service under Your subscription to a Service and the Service Plan applicable to Your subscription to a Service.
Personal Data: means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person where an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to their physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
Personnel: means employees and/or non-employee service providers and contractors of Cention Group engaged by Cention Group in connection with performance hereunder.
Processing/To Process/Processed: means any operation or set of operations which is performed upon Personal Data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure or destruction.
Service(s): means the products and services that are ordered by You online through a link or via an Order Form referencing this Agreement, and made available online by Us, via the applicable subscriber login link and other web pages designated by Us, including, individually and collectively, the applicable Software, updates, API, Documentation. “Services” exclude Third Party Services as that term is defined in this Agreement that are not provided under this Agreement. From time to time the names and descriptions of the Services or any individual Service may be changed. To the extent Subscriber is given access to such Service as so described by virtue of a prior Order Form or other prior acceptance of this Agreement, this Agreement shall be deemed to apply to such Service as newly named or described.
Service Data: means electronic data, text, messages, communications or other materials submitted to and stored within a Service by You, Agents and End-Users in connection with Your use of such Service, which may include, without limitation, Personal Data.
Service Plan(s): means the packaged service plan(s) and the functionality and services associated therewith (as detailed on the Site applicable to the Service) for the Services to which You subscribe.
Software: means software provided by Cention (through the Internet or local install) that allows Agents or End-Users to use any functionality in connection with the applicable Service.
Subscription Term: means the period during which You have agreed to subscribe to a Service with respect to any individual Agent.
Supplemental Terms: means the additional terms and conditions that are (a) contained in this Agreement under the Section entitled, “Supplemental Terms and Conditions” which apply and are incorporated into this Agreement with certain Services, features, or functionality; (b) included or incorporated on an Order Form.
Third Party Services: means third party products, applications, services, software, networks, systems, directories, websites, databases and information obtained separately by You which a Service links to, or which You may connect to or enable in conjunction with a Service, including, without limitation, Third Party Services which may be integrated directly into Your Account by You or at Your direction.
Cention: means Cention Group a Malaysian Corporation, or any of its successors or assignees.
2. GENERAL CONDITIONS: ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICES
- During the Subscription Term and subject to compliance by You, Agents and End-Users with this Agreement, You have the limited right to access and use a Service consistent with the Service Plan(s) that You subscribe to, together with all applicable Deployed Associated Services, for Your internal business purposes. An Affiliate may receive Services under this Agreement provided that such Affiliate directly enters into a Service Order Form. By entering into a Service Order Form hereunder, an Affiliate agrees to be bound by the terms of this Agreement as if it were an original party hereto. Subscriber will be responsible for its Affiliates’ compliance with this Agreement. We will (a) make the Services and Service Data available to You pursuant to this Agreement and the applicable Order Forms; (b) provide applicable standard customer support for the Services to You at no additional charge as detailed on the applicable Site and Documentation and/or upgraded support if purchased; (c) use commercially reasonable efforts to make the Services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except (i) during planned downtime for upgrades and maintenance to the Services (of which We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify You in advance both through Our Site and a notice to Your Account owner and Agents) (“Planned Downtime”); and (ii) for any unavailability caused by circumstances beyond Our reasonable control, including, for example, an act of God, act of government, flood, fire, earthquake, civil unrest, act of terror, strike or other labor problem (other than one involving Our employees), Internet service provider failure or delay, Third Party Services, or acts undertaken by third parties, including without limitation, denial of service attack (“Force Majeure Event”).
- You may not use the Services to provide customer service, support or other outsourced business process services on behalf of more than one third party (other than Affiliates) through a single Account. Without limiting the foregoing, Your right to access and use the API is also subject to the restrictions and policies implemented by Cention from time to time with respect to the API as set forth in the Documentation or otherwise communicated to You in writing.
- A high speed Internet connection is required for proper transmission of the Services. You are responsible for procuring and maintaining the network connections that connect Your network to the Services, including, but not limited to, “browser” software that supports protocols used by Cention, including the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol or other protocols accepted by Cention, and to follow procedures for accessing services that support such protocols. We are not responsible for notifying You, Agents or End-Users of any upgrades, fixes or enhancements to any such software or for any compromise of data, including Service Data, transmitted across computer networks or telecommunications facilities (including but not limited to the Internet) which are not owned, operated or controlled by Cention. We assume no responsibility for the reliability or performance of any connections as described in this section.
- In addition to complying with the other terms, conditions and restrictions set forth below in this Agreement, You agree not to (a) license, sublicense, sell, resell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, time share or otherwise commercially exploit or make the Services available to any third party, other than authorized Agents and End-Users in furtherance of Your internal business purposes as expressly permitted by this Agreement; (b) use the Services to Process data on behalf of any third party other than Agents or End-Users; (c) modify, adapt, or hack the Services or otherwise attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services or related systems or networks; (d) falsely imply any sponsorship or association with Cention or the Cention Group, (e) use the Services in any unlawful manner, including, but not limited to, violation of any person’s privacy rights; (f) use the Services to send unsolicited or unauthorized bulk mail, junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes or other forms of duplicative or unsolicited messages; (g) use the Services to store or transmit files, materials, data, text, audio, video, images or other content that infringes on any person’s intellectual property rights; (h) use the Services in any manner that interferes with or disrupts the integrity or performance of the Services and its components; (i) attempt to decipher, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise discover the source code of any Software making up the Services; (j) use the Services to knowingly post, transmit, upload, link to, send or store any content that is unlawful, racist, hateful, abusive, libelous, obscene, or discriminatory, unless expressly agreed to otherwise in writing by Cention; (k) use the Services to knowingly post transmit, upload, link to, send or store any viruses, malware, Trojan horses, time bombs, or any other similar harmful software (“Malicious Software”); (l) use or launch any automated system that accesses a Service (i.e., bot) in a manner that sends more request messages to a Service server in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser; or () attempt to use, or use the Services in violation of this Agreement.
- As between You and Cention, You are responsible for compliance with the provisions of this Agreement by Agents and End-Users and for any and all activities that occur under Your Account. Without limiting the foregoing, You are solely responsible for ensuring that use of the Services to store and transmit Service Data is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations as well as any and all privacy policies, agreements or other obligations You may maintain or enter into with Agents or End-Users. You also maintain all responsibility for determining whether the Services or the information generated thereby is accurate or sufficient for Your purposes. Subject to any limitation on the number of individual Agents available under the applicable Service Plan(s) to which You subscribed or applicable Associated Service, access to and use of the Services is restricted to the specified number of individual Agents permitted under Your subscription to the applicable Service. You agree and acknowledge that each Agent will be identified by a unique username and password (“Login”) and that an Agent Login may only be used by one (1) individual. You will not share an Agent Login among multiple individuals. You and Your Agents are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all Login information for Your Account. Cention reserves the right to periodically verify that Your use of the Cention Services complies with the Agreement and the Service Plan restrictions on Our Site. Should Cention discover that Your use of a Cention Service is not in compliance with this Agreement or the Service Plan restrictions on Our Site, Cention reserves the right to charge You, and You hereby agree to pay for, said usage in addition to other remedies available to Us.
- In addition to Our rights as set forth in Sections 2 and 4, We reserve the right, in Our reasonable discretion, to suspend Your access to and use of a Service if We suspect or detect any Malicious Software connected to Your Account or use of a Service by You, Agents or End-Users.
- You acknowledge that Cention may modify the features and functionality of the Services during the Subscription Term.
- You may not access the Services if You are a direct competitor of the Cention Group, except with Cention’s prior written consent. You may not access the Services for the purposes of monitoring performance, availability, functionality, or for any benchmarking or competitive purposes.
3. CONFIDENTIALITY: SECURITY AND PRIVACY
- Subject to the express permissions of this Agreement, each Party will protect each other’s Confidential Information from unauthorized use, access or disclosure in the same manner as each protects its own Confidential Information, but with no less than reasonable care. Except as otherwise expressly permitted pursuant to this Agreement, each Party may use each other’s Confidential Information solely to exercise our respective rights and perform our respective obligations under this Agreement and shall disclose such Confidential Information (a) solely to the employees and/or non-employee service providers and contractors who have a need to know such Confidential Information for such purposes and who are bound to maintain the confidentiality of, and not misuse, such Confidential Information; (b) as necessary to comply with an order or subpoena of any administrative agency or court of competent jurisdiction; or (c) as reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law or regulation. The provisions of this Section 3.1 shall supersede any non-disclosure agreement by and between the Parties and such agreement shall have no further force or effect.
- Cention Group will maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for protection of the security, confidentiality and integrity of Service Data, as described in the Agreement, the Supplemental Terms entitled, “How We Protect Service Data” attached hereto, and Supplemental Terms for the Deployed Associated Services, as applicable. Those safeguards will include, but will not be limited to, measures for preventing access, use, modification or disclosure of Service Data by Personnel except (a) to provide the Services and prevent or address service, support or technical problems; (b) as compelled by law in accordance with Sections 3.1(b) or 3.1(c); (c) in accordance with the provisions of Section 3.4; or (d) as You expressly permit in writing. The Cention Group’s compliance with the provisions of Sections 3.2 through 3.5 and the Security Measures set forth in Exhibit B, Section 2 (“How We Protect Service Data”) shall be deemed compliance with the Cention’s Group’s obligations to protect Service Data as set forth in the Agreement.
- To the extent Service Data constitutes Personal Data, You and Cention Group hereby agree that You shall be deemed to be the data controller and the relevant entity in the Cention Group Party shall be deemed to be the data processor as those terms are understood under the Applicable Data Protection Law. Unless otherwise specifically agreed to by Cention, Service Data may be hosted by the Cention Group or their respective authorized third-party service providers in the United States, the EEA or other locations around the world. In providing the Services, Cention will engage entities within the Cention Group and other authorized service providers, to Process Service Data, including and without limitation, any associated Personal Data pursuant to this Agreement within the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), the United States and in other countries and territories. Under no circumstances will any entity in the Cention Group be deemed a data controller with respect to Service Data under Applicable Data Protection Law or any relevant law or regulation of any Member State as defined in Applicable Data Protection Law.
- If Personal Data originates from an Agent or End-User in the EEA, We will ensure, pursuant to Applicable Data Protection Law that, to the extent that any Service Data constitutes Personal Data, if Service Data is transferred to a country or territory outside of the EEA (a “non-EEA country”), that such transfer will only take place if: (a) the non-EEA country in question ensures an adequate level of data protection; (b) one of the conditions listed in Article 26(1) of Directive 95/46/EC (or its equivalent under any successor legislation) is satisfied; (c) done so on the basis of Cention’s internal addendum that address Article 28 GDPR and incorporates Standard Contractual Clauses for Transfers of Personal Data from EEA to a Third Country (“Cention’s SCC”) which establish adequate protection of such personal information and are legally binding on the Cention Group (Cention’s SCC can be accessed here ); or (d) the transfer is via the EU-U.S. or Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks. Upon Your request and subject to Your entry into Cention’s Data Processing Agreement (“DPA”) found here: www.cention.com/legal
- We will further ensure that the transfer is subject to the standard contractual clauses designed to facilitate transfers of Personal Data from the EEA to all third countries that have been adopted by the European Commission (known as the, “Model Clauses”), which have been incorporated into the DPA. As a Subscriber, You can execute Our DPA by emailing Your request to Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You agree that the Cention Group and the third-party service providers that are utilized by the Cention Group to assist in providing the Services to You shall have the right to access Your Account and to use, modify, reproduce, distribute, display and disclose Service Data to the extent necessary to provide the Services, including, without limitation, in response to Your support requests. Any third-party service providers utilized by the Cention Group will only be given access to Your Account and Service Data as is reasonably necessary to provide the Services and will be subject to (a) confidentiality obligations which are commercially reasonable and substantially consistent with the standards described in Section 3.2; and (b) their agreement to comply with the data transfer restrictions applicable to Personal Data as set forth in Section 3.4.
- Whenever You, Your Agents or End-Users interact with our Services, We automatically receive and record information on Our server logs from the browser or device, which may include IP address, “cookie” information, the type of browser and/or device being used to access the Services. “Cookies” are identifiers We transfer to the browser or device of Your Agents or End-Users that allow Us to recognize Agent or End-User and their browser or device along with how our Services are being utilized. When We collect this information, We only use this data in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify Your Agents or End-Users personally. For example, this aggregate data can tell Us how often users use a particular feature of the Services, and We can use that knowledge to improve the Services.
- We receive and store any information that You knowingly provide to Us. For example, through the registration process for Our Services and/or through your Account settings, We may collect Personal Data such as your name, email address, phone number, credit card information and third-party account credentials (for example, your log-in credentials for third party sites that integrate with the Services as further detailed in Section 3.9) of You and Your Agents. In addition, We may communicate with You and Your Agents. For example, We may send You and Your Agents product announcements and promotional offers or contact You and Your Agents about Your use of the Services. If You or an Agent does not want to receive communications from Us, please indicate this preference by sending an email to email@example.com and provide us with the name and email address of each Agent that no longer wishes to receive these communications.
- We neither rent nor sell Your Personal Data in personally identifiable form to anyone. However, we may share your Personal Data with third parties in the following ways:
- Collecting Usage Data. For the purposes of this section, “Usage Data” means aggregated, encoded or anonymized data that the Cention Group may collect about a group or category of services, features or users while You, Your Agents or End-Users use a Service for certain purposes, including analytics, and which does not contain Personal Data, which is used to help understand trends in usage of the Services. In addition to collecting and using Usage Data ourselves, the Cention Group may share the Usage Data with third parties, including Our subscribers, partners and service providers, for various purposes, including to help Us better understand Our subscribers’ needs and improve Our Services. We may also publish Usage Data to provide relevant information about the Services and for purposes of marketing.
- Aggregated Personal Data that is not personally identifiable. We may anonymize the Personal Data of Your Agents or End-Users so that they cannot be individually identified, and publish this anonymized information, as segmented by industry, geography and other metrics to provide qualitative insight on customer support metrics and other relevant insights. This is accomplished through “Cention Benchmark” or similar features; and, You have the choice whether to participate by enabling Cention Benchmark from within the settings in the Services. If You do not want to participate, then You should not enable Cention Benchmark.
- Aggregated Personal Data that is not personally identifiable. We may anonymize the Personal Data of Your Agents or End-Users so that they cannot be individually identified, and provide that information to our partners. We may also provide aggregate usage information to our partners for analytics purposes, who may use such information to help us understand how often and in what ways people use our Services. However, We never disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify Your Agents or End-Users personally, as an individual.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Each Party shall retain all rights, title and interest in and to all its respective patents, inventions, copyrights, trademarks, domain names, trade secrets, know-how and any other intellectual property and/or proprietary rights (collectively, “Intellectual Property Rights”). The rights granted to You, Agents and End-Users to use the Service(s) under this Agreement do not convey any additional rights in the Service(s) or in any Intellectual Property Rights associated therewith. Subject only to limited rights to access and use the Service(s) as expressly stated herein, all rights, title and interest in and to the Services and all hardware, Software and other components of or used to provide the Services, including all related Intellectual Property Rights, will remain with Cention and belong exclusively to Cention. The Cention Group shall have a fully paid-up, royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, sub-licensable (through multiple layers), assignable, irrevocable and perpetual license to implement, use, modify, commercially exploit, and/or incorporate into the Services or otherwise use any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other feedback We receive from You, Agents, End-Users, or other third parties acting on Your behalf. Cention®, and the Cention Group’s other product and service names and logos used or displayed in or on the Services are registered or unregistered trademarks of one or more members of the Cention Group (collectively, “Marks”), and You may only use applicable Marks in a manner permitted by Our Trademark Usage Guidelines (https://www.cention.com/trademarks/) to identify You as a Subscriber; provided You do not attempt, now or in the future, to claim any rights in the Marks, degrade the distinctiveness of the Marks, or use the Marks to disparage or misrepresent Us, Our services or products.
5. THIRD PARTY SERVICES
If You decide to enable, access or use Third Party Services, be advised that Your access and use of such Third Party Services are governed solely by the terms and conditions of such Third Party Services, and We do not endorse, are not responsible or liable for, and make no representations as to any aspect of such Third Party Services, including, without limitation, their content or the manner in which they handle, protect, manage or Process data (including Service Data) or any interaction between You and the provider of such Third Party Services. We cannot guarantee the continued availability of such Third Party Service features, and may cease enabling access to them without entitling You to any refund, credit, or Third Party compensation, if, for example and without limitation, the provider of an Third Party Service ceases to make the Third Party Service available for interoperation with the corresponding Service in a manner acceptable to Us. You irrevocably waive any claim against Cention with respect to such Third Party Services. We are not liable for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with Your enablement, access or use of any such Third Party Services, or Your reliance on the privacy practices, data security processes or other policies of such Third Party Services. You may be required to register for or log into such Third Party Services on their respective websites. By enabling any Third Party Services, You are expressly permitting Cention to disclose Your Login, as well as Service Data as necessary to facilitate the use or enablement of such Third Party Services.
6. BILLING, PLAN MODIFICATIONS AND PAYMENTS
- Unless otherwise indicated on an Order Form referencing this Agreement, in the Supplemental Terms entitled “Service Specific Terms”, or Additional Terms (as defined in Section 12.2) and subject to Section 6.2, all charges associated with Your access to and use of a Service (“Subscription Charges”) are due in full upon commencement of Your Subscription Term, or, with respect to a Deployed Associated Service, at the time such Deployed Associated Service is purchased, subscribed to or otherwise deployed. If You fail to pay Your Subscription Charges or other charges indicated on any Order Form within five (5) business days of Our notice to You that payment is due or delinquent, or if You do not update payment information upon Our request, in addition to Our other remedies, We may suspend or terminate access to and use of such Service by You, Agents and End-Users.
- If You choose to upgrade Your Service Plan or increase the number of Agents authorized to access and use a Service during Your Subscription Term (a “Subscription Upgrade”), any incremental Subscription Charges associated with such Subscription Upgrade will be prorated over the remaining period of Your then current Subscription Term, charged to Your Account and due and payable upon implementation of such Subscription Upgrade. In any future Subscription Term, Your Subscription Charges will reflect any such Subscription Upgrades.
- No refunds or credits for Subscription Charges or other fees or payments will be provided to You if You elect to downgrade Your Service Plan. Downgrading Your Service Plan may cause loss of content, features, or capacity of the Service as available to You under Your Account, and Cention does not accept any liability for such loss.
- Unless otherwise stated, Our charges do not include any taxes, levies, duties or similar governmental assessments, including value-added, sales, use or withholding taxes assessable by any local, state, provincial or foreign jurisdiction (collectively “Taxes”). You are responsible for paying Taxes, except those assessable against Cention Group measured by its net income. We will invoice You for such Taxes if We believe We have a legal obligation to do so and You agree to pay such Taxes if so invoiced.
- Any late fees are charged on invoice and is 8% P.a.
- Suspension of Service:
- Cention may suspend all or some access to the Service if Payment for the service is outstanding or late. Access to the service will resume when The subscriber pays ALL outstanding amounts.
- Cention will not be liable to the Subscriber for any liabilities, claims, or expenses arising out of the suspension of Cention’s Service under this section.
7. CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION
- Either Party may elect to terminate Your Account and subscription to a Service as of the end of Your then current Subscription Term by providing notice, in accordance with this Agreement, on or prior to the date thirty (30) days preceding the end of such Subscription Term. Unless Your Account and subscription to a Service is so terminated, Your subscription to a Service (including any and all Deployed Associated Services) will renew for a Subscription Term equivalent in length to the then expiring Subscription Term. Unless otherwise provided for in an Order Form, the Subscription Charges applicable to Your subscription to a Service for any such subsequent Subscription Term shall be Our standard Subscription Charges for the Service Plan and Deployed Associated Services to which You have subscribed or which You have deployed, as applicable, as of the time such subsequent Subscription Term commences.
- No refunds for Subscription Charges or other fees or payments will be provided to You if You elect to terminate Your subscription to the Service or cancel Your Account prior to the end of Your then effective Subscription Term.
- Except for Your termination under Section 7.5, if You terminate Your subscription to a Service or cancel Your Account prior to the end of Your then effective Subscription Term or We effect such termination or cancellation pursuant to Sections 2, 7.4 and 7.5, in addition to other amounts You may owe Cention, You must immediately pay any then unpaid Subscription Charges associated with the remainder of such Subscription Term. This amount will not be payable by You in the event You terminate Your subscription to a Service or cancel Your Account as a result of a material breach of this Agreement by Cention, provided that You provide advance notice of such breach to Cention and afford Cention not less than thirty (30) days to reasonably cure such breach as provided for in Section 7.5 herein.
- We reserve the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Services (or any part thereof), Your Account or Your and/or Agents’ or End-Users’ rights to access and use the Services, and remove, disable and discard any Service Data if We believe that You, Agents or End-Users have violated this Agreement. Unless legally prohibited from doing so, We will use commercially reasonable efforts to contact You directly via email to notify You when taking any of the foregoing actions. We shall not be liable to You, Agents, End-Users or any other third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuation of Your rights to access and use the Services. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity by You, Agents or End-Users may be referred to law enforcement authorities at Our sole discretion.
- Party may terminate this Agreement for cause (a) upon thirty (30) days’ written notice to the other Party of a material breach if such breach remains uncured at the expiration of such period; or (b) if the other Party becomes the subject of a petition in bankruptcy or any other proceeding relating to insolvency, receivership, liquidation or assignment for the benefit of creditors. If this Agreement is terminated by You in accordance with this section, We will, to the extent permitted by applicable law, refund You any prepaid fees covering the remainder of the Subscription Term after the effective date of termination. In no event will termination relieve You of Your obligation to pay any fees payable to Us for the period prior to the effective date of termination.
- Upon request by You made within thirty (30) days after the effective date of termination or expiration of this Agreement, We will make Service Data available to You for export or download as provided in the Documentation. After such 30-day period, We will have no obligation to maintain or provide any Service Data, and, as provided in the Documentation, will have the right to delete or destroy all copies of Service Data in Our systems or otherwise in Our possession or control, unless prohibited by law.
8. REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIMERS
- Each Party represents that it has validly entered into this Agreement and has the legal power to do so.
- We warrant that during an applicable Subscription Term (a) this Agreement and the Documentation will accurately describe the applicable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for protection of the security, confidentiality and integrity of Service Data; and (b) the Services will perform materially in accordance with the applicable Documentation. For any breach of a warranty above, Your exclusive remedies are those described in Section 7.5 herein.
- EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN SECTION 8.2, THE SITES AND THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ALL SERVER AND NETWORK COMPONENTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, ERROR-FREE OR FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER MALICIOUS SOFTWARE, AND NO INFORMATION OR ADVICE OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) WILL EITHER PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, OR THEIR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER PARTY OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SALES OR BUSINESS, LOST DATA, (BEING DATA LOST IN THE COURSE OF TRANSMISSION VIA YOUR SYSTEMS OR OVER THE INTERNET THROUGH NO FAULT OF CENTION), BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF GOODWILL, OR FOR ANY TYPE OF INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE LOSS OR DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER LOSS OR DAMAGES INCURRED BY THE OTHER PARTY OR ANY THIRD PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, THE SERVICES OR CONSULTING SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF OR COULD HAVE FORESEEN SUCH DAMAGES.
- NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE CENTION GROUP’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE SERVICES OR CONSULTING SERVICES, SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE SUBSCRIPTION CHARGES AND/OR CONSULTING FEES PAID BY YOU DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE FIRST EVENT OR OCCURRENCE GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF THIS SECTION 9.2 IS TO ALLOCATE THE RISKS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES AND LIMIT POTENTIAL LIABILITY GIVEN THE SUBSCRIPTION CHARGES AND CONSULTING FEES, WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN SUBSTANTIALLY HIGHER IF WE WERE TO ASSUME ANY FURTHER LIABILITY OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH HEREIN. WE HAVE RELIED ON THESE LIMITATIONS IN DETERMINING WHETHER TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND USE THE SERVICES AND/OR CONSULTING SERVICES PROVIDED FOR IN THIS AGREEMENT.
- Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, which means that some of the above limitations may not apply to You. IN THESE JURISDICTIONS, CENTION GROUP’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Any claims or damages that You may have against Cention shall only be enforceable against Cention and not any other entity or its officers, directors, representatives or agents.
- We will indemnify and hold You harmless, from and against any claim against You by reason of Your use of a Service as permitted hereunder, brought by a third party alleging that such Service infringes or misappropriates a third party’s valid patent, copyright, trademark or trade secret (an “IP Claim”). We shall, at Our expense, defend such IP Claim and pay damages finally awarded against You in connection therewith, including the reasonable fees and expenses of the attorneys engaged by Cention for such defense, provided that (a) You promptly notify Cention of the threat or notice of such IP Claim; (b) We will have the sole and exclusive control and authority to select defense attorneys, and defend and/or settle any such IP Claim; and (c) You fully cooperate with Cention in connection therewith. If use of a Service by You, Agents or End-Users has become, or, in Our opinion, is likely to become, the subject of any such IP Claim, We may, at Our option and expense, (a) procure for You the right to continue using the Service(s) as set forth hereunder; (b) replace or modify a Service to make it non-infringing; or (c) if options (a) or (b) are not commercially reasonable or practicable as determined by Cention, terminate Your subscription to the Service(s) and repay You, on a pro-rata basis, any Subscription Charges previously paid to Cention for the corresponding unused portion of Your Subscription Term for such Service(s). We will have no liability or obligation under this Section 10.1 with respect to any IP Claim if such claim is caused in whole or in part by (i) compliance with designs, data, instructions or specifications provided by You; (ii) modification of the Service(s) by anyone other than Cention; or (iii) the combination, operation or use of the Service(s) with other hardware or software where a Service would not by itself be infringing.
- The provisions of this Section 10.1 state the sole, exclusive and entire liability of Cention to You and constitute Your sole remedy with respect to an IP Claim brought by reason of access to or use of a Service by You, Agents or End-Users.
- You will indemnify and hold Cention harmless against any claim brought by a third party against Cention arising from or related to use of a Service by You, Agents or End-Users in breach of this Agreement or matters for which You have expressly agreed to be responsible pursuant to this Agreement; provided (a) We shall promptly notify You of the threat or notice of such claim; (b) You will have the sole and exclusive control and authority to select defense attorneys, and defend and/or settle any such claim (however, You shall not settle or compromise any claim that results in liability or admission of any liability by Us without Our prior written consent); and (c) We fully cooperate with You in connection therewith.
11. ASSIGNMENT, ENTIRE AGREEMENT AND AMENDMENT
- You may not, directly or indirectly, by operation of law or otherwise, assign all or any part of this Agreement or Your rights under this Agreement or delegate performance of Your duties under this Agreement without Our prior consent, which consent will not be unreasonably withheld. We may, without Your consent, assign this Agreement to any member of the Cention Group or in connection with any merger or change of control of Cention or the Cention Group or the sale of all or substantially all of Our assets provided that any such successor agrees to fulfil its obligations pursuant to this Agreement. Subject to the foregoing restrictions, this Agreement will be fully binding upon, inure to the benefit of and be enforceable by the Parties and their respective successors and assigns.
- This Agreement, together with any Order Form(s) and Supplemental Term(s) constitute the entire agreement and supersede any and all prior agreements between You and Cention with regard to the subject matter hereof. This Agreement shall apply in lieu of the terms or conditions in any purchase order or other order documentation You or any Entity which You represent provides (all such terms or conditions being null and void), and, except as expressly stated herein, there are no other agreements, representations, warranties, or commitments which may be relied upon by either Party with respect to the subject matter hereof. There are no oral promises, conditions, representations, understandings, interpretations, or terms of any kind between the Parties, except as may otherwise be expressly provided herein.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, You may be presented with additional features, functionality, or services as detailed in a Supplement hereto or that We offer as part of or distinct from the Services (the “Additional Features”). In those instances, We will notify You of such Additional Features prior to the activation of these features, functionality, or services and the activation of these features, functionality, or services in Your Account will be considered acceptance of the Additional Features. All such Additional Features will be considered incorporated into this Agreement when You or any Agent authorized as an administrator in Your Account activate the feature, functionality, or service.
- We may amend this Agreement from time to time, in which case the new Agreement will supersede prior versions. We will notify You not less than thirty (30) days prior to the effective date of any such amendment and Your continued use of the Services following the effective date of any such amendment may be relied upon by Cention as Your consent to any such amendment. Our failure to enforce at any time any provision of this Agreement does not constitute a waiver of that provision or of any other provision of this Agreement.
If any provision in this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, such provision shall be modified by the court and interpreted so as to best accomplish the original provision to the fullest extent permitted by law, and the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in effect.
13. RELATIONSHIP OF THE PARTIES
The Parties are independent contractors. This Agreement does not create a partnership, franchise, joint venture, agency, fiduciary or employment relationship among the Parties.
14. NOTICE AND NOTICE PERIOD
All notices to be provided by Cention to You under this Agreement may be delivered in writing (a) by nationally recognized overnight delivery service (“Courier”) or mail to the contact mailing address provided by You on any Order Form; or (b) electronic mail to the electronic mail address provided for Your Account owner. You must give notice to Cention in writing by Courier or mail to Cention Group, Menara Worldwide Floor19, 198 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 50100, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Attn: Legal Department. All notices shall be deemed to have been given immediately upon delivery by electronic mail; or, if otherwise delivered upon the earlier of receipt or two (2) business days after being deposited in the mail or with a Courier as permitted above. The agreement is terminated after a three (3) months’ notice period from the notice day.
15. GOVERNING LAW
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, including any question regarding its existence, interpretation, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration administered by the Asian International Arbitration Centre (“AIAC”) in accordance with the AIAC Arbitration Rules for the time being in force, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in this clause. The seat of the arbitration shall be Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The Tribunal shall consist of one (1) arbitrator mutually agreed by the Parties. The language of the arbitration shall be English. The arbitration award shall be final and binding upon the Parties.
16. FEDERAL GOVERNMENT END USE PROVISIONS
If You are a U.S. federal government department or agency or contracting on behalf of such department or agency, each of the Services is a “Commercial Item” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation”, as those terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Services are licensed to You with only those rights as provided under the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Either Party shall not receive or agree to receive from the other Party or offer or give or agree to give to the other Party and/or any public officials any gift or consideration of any kind as an inducement or reward for doing or for bearing to do or for having done or forborne to do any act in relation to the execution of this Agreement. A breach of this condition by either Party or by anyone employed by it or acting on its behalf where there is reason to believe has or has attempted to commit an act which is an offence under the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act 2009 shall entitle the other Party to forthwith terminate this Agreement at any time by giving immediate written notice to that effect and recover the amount of any loss resulting from such termination.
- Either Party shall comply at all times with the applicable laws in Malaysia including, without limitation to Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act 2009, which shall include any of its latest and updated versions and/or those pertaining to anti-corruption and shall inform the other Party in reasonable manner if it learns, or has any reason to know of any violation of such applicable laws that occurred or may have occurred in performing its obligations under this Agreement.
Sections 1, 3.1, 4 and 9-17 shall survive any termination of our agreement with respect to use of the Services by You, Agents or End Users. Termination of such agreement shall not limit a Party’s liability for obligations accrued as of or prior to such termination or for any breach of this Agreement.
SUPPLEMENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS – Cention API’s
If You use or access any API for the purpose of developing, implementing Applications You must obtain API credentials (a “Token”) by becoming a Subscriber. You may not share this Token with any third party, and shall keep all Login information secure, and shall use the Token as Licensee’s sole means of accessing the API.
You shall not substantially replicate products or services offered by Cention. Applications may not use or access the API or a Service in order to monitor the availability, performance, or functionality of any of the API or a Service or for any similar benchmarking purposes.
You shall not, under any circumstances, through Applications or otherwise, repackage or resell the Services, or any part thereof, API or Service Data. Licensee is not permitted to use the API or any Service Data in any manner that does or could potentially undermine the security of the Services, the API, Service Data or any other data or information stored or transmitted using the Services. In addition, Licensee shall not, and shall not attempt to: (a) interfere with, modify or disable any features, functionality or security controls of the Services or the API, (b) defeat, avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate or otherwise circumvent any protection mechanisms for the Service or the API, or (c) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or derive source code, underlying ideas, algorithms, structure or organizational form from the Services or the API.
You acknowledge that You are solely responsible, and that Cention has no responsibility or liability of any kind, for the content, development, operation, support or maintenance of Your Applications. Without limiting the foregoing, You will be solely responsible for (a) the technical installation and operation of your integration; (b) creating and displaying information and content on, through or within its Applications; (c) ensuring that its Applications do not violate or infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of any third party; (d) ensuring that Applications are not offensive, profane, obscene, libelous or otherwise illegal; (e) ensuring that its Applications do not contain or introduce Malicious Software into a Service, an API, any Service Data or other data stored or transmitted using the Service; and (f) ensuring that its Applications are not designed to or utilized for the purpose of spamming any Cention subscribers, Agents or End-Users.
You will respect and comply with the technical and policy-implemented limitations of the API and the restrictions of this Agreement in designing and implementing Applications. Without limiting the foregoing, Licensee shall not violate any explicit rate limitations on calling or otherwise utilizing an API.
SUPPLEMENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS – HOW WE PROTECT SERVICE DATA
The Cention Group is committed to providing a robust and comprehensive security program including the security measures set forth in these Supplemental Terms (“Security Measures”). During the Subscription Term, these Security Measures may change without notice, as standards evolve or as additional controls are implemented or existing controls are modified as We deem reasonably necessary.
Security Measures Utilized by Us
As provided for in Section 3.2 of the Agreement, We will abide by these Security Measures to protect Service Data as is reasonably necessary to provide the Services:
- Security Policies and Personnel. We have and will maintain a managed security program to identify risks and implement preventative technology, as well as technology and processes for common attack mitigation. This program is and will be reviewed on a regular basis to provide for continued effectiveness and accuracy. We have, and will maintain, a full-time information security team responsible for monitoring and reviewing security infrastructure for Our networks, systems and services, responding to security incidents, and developing and delivering training to Our employees in compliance with Our security policies.
- Data Transmission. We will maintain commercially reasonable administrative, physical and technical safeguards to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of Service Data. These safeguards include encryption of Service Data in transmission (using TLS or similar technologies) over the internet, except for any Third Party Services that does not support encryption.
- Incident Response. We have an incident management process for security events that may affect the confidentiality, integrity, or availability of Our systems or data that includes a response time under which Cention will contact its subscribers upon verification of a security incident that affects Your Service Data. This process specifies courses of action, procedures for notification, escalation, mitigation, and documentation. The incident response program includes 24×7 centralized monitoring systems and on-call staffing to respond to service incidents.
- Access Control and Privilege Management. We restrict administrative access to subscriber production systems to operational personnel. We require such personnel to have unique IDs and associated cryptographic keys. These keys are used to authenticate and identify each person’s activities on Our systems, including access to Service Data. Upon hire, Our operational personnel are assigned unique keys. Upon termination, these keys are revoked. Access rights and levels are based on Our employees’ job function and role, using the concepts of least-privilege and need-to-know to match access privileges to defined responsibilities.
- Network Management and Security. The data centers utilized by Us is hosted in Amazon AWS maintained using industry standard fully redundant and secure network architecture with reasonably sufficient bandwidth as well as redundant network infrastructure to mitigate the impact of individual component failure. Our security team utilizes industry standard utilities to provide defense against known common unauthorized network activity, monitors security advisory lists for vulnerabilities, and undertakes regular vulnerability audits.
- Data Center Environment and Physical Security. The data center environments which are utilized by Us in connection with Our provision of the Service employ the following security measures:
- A security organization responsible for physical security functions 24x7x365.
- Access to areas where systems or system components are installed or stored within data centers is restricted through security measures and policies consistent with industry standards.
- N+1 uninterruptable power supply and HVAC systems, backup power generator architecture and advanced fire suppression.